12/17/2005

Thodi si to lift kara dey


In the midst of a group lunch YK asks me if I enjoy my job. I could not say Subhanalllah as i would normally do, and "good question" would only raise eyebrows around me. Plus it wasnt the best of days. And then YK says " i have yet to meet a person who enjoys his job".

Then one person adds overworked and underpaid in that person's job description. hmmm thats interesting. so add all this bhel puri to come up with this blog.

FRankly I scored only 3 points behind my boss in this workaholic test (see picture). And it was yesterday and things havent changed much since. In no way am i a slacker, but it also does not answer those questions above. do i love my job? First and foremost alhumduliilah for my job. Next I do my job to gain a sense of satisfaction for myself. I am working hard to lower that score. but in the meanwhile i need to complete what is in my plate. I dont always like celery unless it is with chick wings. So sometimes there are chick wings on my plate and i enjoy it and sometimes there are none and then I dont. but that celery finds my stomach eventually.............i think......gross

and how much ever i work i wont be able to afford a ferrari spyder unless that power ball is really powerful. so does that make me underpaid? one way yes if that is how you measure your salary. the other would be the experience and market condns that define your job. freshie out of college and expecting a 7 figure salary does not sound right. (unless if bill gates completes his education now). Life is unfair and will always be. If you cant beat it enjoy it. and obvi make that extra Dua late at night and before fajr :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salaams- hey, my profile on naseeb says I'm underpaid and overworked! Lol. In any case, if you work in the non-profit world like I do, money is never the motivation- only the betterment of someone or something is... Not a big fan of celery myself unless it's thrown in with a bunch of other stuff :)

T 1 said...

hmmmmm, i wonder who the overworked and underpaid dude I am referring to .....

s. Toufeeq a. Ahmed said...

Your score is 48

you are not considered a workaholic. you're probably an efficient worker instead fo a workahlolic. You needn't worry that your work style will negatively affect yourself or others.
---------------------
I was suprised to find out that I an an 'efficient' worker. I slack so many times. Now I want to be workaholic. But I think efficient is good.

Anonymous said...

My score was 49!!! Does that make me more efficient than you, Br. Toufeeq? :) I doubt it... lol.

T 1 said...

Both of you are a disgrace to workaholics.
And btw BK you need to change that overworked part now since you dont score that high

Anonymous said...

Lol... theek hai.

Anonymous said...

how could u be a workaholic if ur only pt bk?? and plus are ur other job all u do it sit around and talk to me online and watch old people buy kitch roosters.

Anonymous said...

You score is 42

i think im more of a volunteeraholic than a workaholic.

Anonymous said...

Lol! Why is everyone ganging up on maskeena BK?

Anonymous said...

BK: I took this test after finals week, so I was not doing much. Actually I did not do much the whole week except fixing computers (and wireless networks) for free.

T 1 said...

Aaah we have someone who is a slacker in workahloic terms.

Anonymous said...

BTW who said workaholic is good. That survey itself says that working crazily is bad.

My motto is
Work smart work efficient, work lazy

What do you think is most common inspiration for all these inventions, remote, email, tele phone, ...

'LAZINESS'

Laziness works good if you know how to use it. This is marketting mantra... Ppl are lazy, and you have to use that to market your products, ideas or anything.


I hate Laziness, I hate begin lazy. I m sleeping 10 hrs these days. NO motivation (read Work) to do anything.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to bed. 10 hours of sleep sounds wonderful to me!!!