12/30/2005

So what did Hussein teach you?

Please visit the above link to know more about Hussein as published in the local newspaper -

Finally I visited our young Iraqi guest on Tuesday. How do you think Hussein greeted me? Hussein, who has lost one eye, his left hand and the remaining damaged eye awaits surgery!! Obviously Assalaam alaikum. But besides that, his response of "Good, Thankyou!!" filled me with amazement and removed any doubt that all this boy needed was encouragement. He carries a sense of positiveness with him, that of hope, and belief that things will be better. He had the eagerness of any 10-year old, enjoying the life that he had, rather than brood over what he had lost.

According to CAIR-AZ, the eye-doctor will perform a cornea transplant. But along with the transplant comes the risk of rejection by the body, and the need for subsequent check-ups. Also the success of his transplant depends on Allah alone. Hussein is also currently limited by his US-Visa that expires before post-transplant-treament can finish. So please make duaa for him.

More updates in upcoming posts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

MashaAllah, you finally got to see him, that's awesome...

T 1 said...

It would have pained me too much if i would not have made it. It was those Must-Do things for me.

Btw when is his surgery?

Anonymous said...

No idea... the doctors are talking and stuff, trying to figure out the best solution. But I'm not sure that the chances are so great that he'll be able to see again :(

Anonymous said...

Oops, that was me. I put the word verification as my identity :)