6/08/2006

finally


If any computer assembly takes more than 1 hour from the time you have everything ready to the time you start using it, then that product needs major overhaul. This is my opinion (obviously this is on my blog). However knowledgeable or dumb i am, sustaining an interest in getting something done is stretched if things dont start working in the first hour.

So how did I reach that conclusion? For the last five evenings I have been trying to bring up my pc cum pvr for the upcoming world cup. Its basically using an ATI motherboard with a Hauppauge PVR. This PVR works seamlessly, fabulously, pleasantly on my Intel motherboard but put it on the ATI and it took me all of 10-12 hours just to figure out stuff on it. By some wire extensions I could finally connect it to the internet and grab some "updates" that made life simpler for me, but i would not be surprised if more people came across such setup problems.

I have nothing against ATI - they have some good technology way beyond Intel. But if I wanted simple seamless integration, I would go for Intel processor on an Intel motherboard anyday. Obvious critics would point out that high end gaming systems are mostly not Intel. But the fact is I am not a PC gamer, and neither a wannabe gamer. So my recommendation is Intel. And to silence my critics, independent reviews are available online under keywords conroe, and broadwater. find for yourself and be amazed. 40% improvement over the competition is noteworthy.

Now Let the World Cup begin - Braazeel la la

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MAJOR World Cup fever in my house!

s. Toufeeq a. Ahmed said...

Brazil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

very few things are more funny than a frustated geek.....