5/22/2006

to do nothing

The best solution for insomnia is to watch godfather. Whoever wants to say whatever about convergence of individuality and role playing and all bloated jargon, my take on this movie is that it is extremely dry boring. On a positive front, I have reached scene 7 (out of 23) before falling asleep. The best part of the movie is the theme music, and probably that is why i get suckered into watching it.

Movies should be like Munnabhai mbbs - where you challenged to fall asleep. I finally got around to watching it (before switching to fogdather). Yeah yeah many of you will be sighing a relief that i finally saw this and there is still some hope left for me in the movie watching field. And since you are already reading this - let me tell you the alternative ending in the Da vinci movie - (tom hanks is killed by the albino in the end). The rest of the movie is a page -per -page from this novel.

But DaVinci movie also places a unique dilemma upon me. This movie has a conspiracy theory attached to the Christianity structure but is not denigrating to Jesus (PBUH). Did Jesus (PBUH) have a wife? or is that an assumption or the first step into fiction? Is it wrong to assume something like this islamically?

6 comments:

s. Toufeeq a. Ahmed said...

God-father is one of the best movies ever made....

It is a guide, how to deal all situations in life...

"I am gonna make you an offer you can't refuse"...

DaVinci code movie is ok, not impressive not boring... novel should be made into a TV series rather than a movie....

Anonymous said...

If Da Vinci Code is made into a tv series, I will definitely leave the country.

I heard as Muslims we should be totally fine with the way Isa(as) was depicted in the book/ movie.

Godfather ROCKS!

Anonymous said...

Oh so you want to be an anony-mouse in a different country!!!

Dont see a relation between a tv series and population reducing by one?

Anonymous said...

I am not going to watch Godfather just for that one dialog. Is too boring to watch 3 hours just so that you hear one dialog.

Godfather

Anonymous said...

Actually, I prefer the term anony-CAT.

And what I meant by my earlier comment was if the movie is made into a tv series, it would be such a SHAME that I would have to disassociate myself with all things American, forever :)

There are plenty of Hindi movies that are over 3 hours long with only one good dialogue... and no, I don't mean Munnabhai...

Anonymous said...

Actually if Dan brown had an unpublished novel - it would make an excellent tv script - one puzzle every week.