8/29/2006

Battling Murphy

Out of town trips are cool. Especially in this heat.

Whatever the trip holds in store, when I return back on terrible tuesday, there is a seemingly unending battle in store with Murphy. A late flight prevents a good sleep, an early morning meeting ridicules my idea of giving up coffee, things beyond control only pepper up the pent up frustration. And then my laptop decides to ignore my requests to log in. Gee, thats a big huge problem. In the process found another file in the wonderful windows system that causes such interesting phenomenon, and now want to try it on an unwitting bakra. :)

All thanks to RSat,(P&V)Gupta and (N&J)Vora for guiding me around town, while I missed exits and tried alternate routes, and blamed the CA road signs for all the mess. Chaat and Paan and bhel-puri rock. Khajoor paan is another thing that has me hooked.

6 comments:

bushraaa said...

Do you work for a living?

Anonymous said...

I know in the normal circumstances I would have just packed my bag and given my laptop to IT and enjoyed an afternoon on the PS2 at home. But surprisingly I wanted to get work done that day and so this was a problem.

bushraaa said...

I meant all the vacations you take (mashaAllah), but your explanation works too :)

Anonymous said...

Other day I fixed somebody "Not Guineuine windows problem"... it was good hacking windows.. man i miss undergrad years.....

Anonymous said...

yes, this vacation was special; It was a conference in SJ, and i was allowed to go a day earlier.

Also part of the explanation why I have not bought tickets to the 9th september event.

bushraaa said...

Yeah, yeah yeah... if you don't come to the Sep. 9 event, then how will I give you my donation for Masjid Omar :) Muahaha.