10/30/2004

Have you ever seen the moonrise?

Yes I drove up the California coast just to see a Sunset by the Pacific. Yes i have also gone up the Himalayas just to see a Sunrise. Yes when the sun rises over Chicago it seems as if Chicao is on fire again. Yes I have seen the sun rise in my native town too. But Subhanallah, on Friday 29th Oct, it was the first time I had ever seen the moon rise. The location was the 'A' mountain behind Tempe Masjid. The time was after around 6:45 pm. Subhanallah it looked as if an innocent child was revealing its rosy face from behind a mountain. The moon was rising from behind the distant mountain. And as against a rising sun, it did not light up the entire area. But you could just make out the silhoutte of the mountain against a soothing orangish ball. And the rise was as rapid as the setting sun (when it has already touched the horizon). I just yelled Subhanallah unknowingly. I had seen finally a moonrise and I had seen it over Phoenix/Scottsdale/Tempe and Subhanallah Allah's creations can never be matched.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

subhanallah....thats beautiful mashallah. arizona has some of the best sunsets....