4/16/2007

VT Madness

just a correspondence from my profs at VT -
" Thank you for asking; fortunately my family and I are fine. My
father's office is in the building of the shootings, but he did not
go into the office today. I am actually out of town and not
returning to Blacksburg until tomorrow -- I can't say that I am
looking forward to returning. A truly awful day."

"Thanks for checking. I am okay. The shootings were in Norris Hall,

which is not far from Torgersen and which houses the offices for the
dean of engineering. I've heard from nearly everyone in the e-textiles
lab, and they are all fine. But since the dean's offices are there and
the classrooms are used for engineering classes, I am very afraid that
some of the victims may be students or colleagues of mine. "

On a side note - condolences for atleast one sister who did not survive. Inna lillahe wa inna ilayhe rajeoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
Pune360 is looking for articles from Puneites and also Pune pics.
Let me know if you have anything.
Any feedback on Pune360 will be fantastic.
Regs
Sarika.
http://www.Pune360.com

bushraaa said...

Salaams- ok, 2 things:

1- The blog looks great! But you need to update.

2- Delete my link, my blog is dead :/