10/30/2005

Bloom time


Went to Walmart searching for some good toys for Eid gifts. returned empty handed.
Wandered into the crafts section to pick some corrugated paper. returned empty handed.
Wandered into the Garden section to pick up some annuals. Returned with a red rose plant reminiscent of the two that i had back home. Now only for a white and yellow one!!!.

As we go on, we still remember, all the times we had (together) in our balcony garden. My grandmom had actually got a rose stem from Ajmer and planted it at our home. that was 20 years ago and this plant still catches the eyes of many a passerby. So it reminded me of the small joys i have had trimming/maintaining the plants on my balcony, and how my green fingers have developed. I still dont understand how grass is planted. and more often I dont understand why i had to buy a rose plant in america, when all you need is a stem from your neighbor.

Will keep you posted as new buds bloom into flowers..

No comments: